As an investor looking to start a business in Dubai, UAE, you must clearly understand your business goal and objective before applying for a business license.
Dubai offers four main types of business licenses (Commercial, Professional, Industrial, and Tourism). The business activity you offer will determine the type of trade license you will get in Dubai, UAE.
If you are into a professional service-related business, then you will need to get a professional license in Dubai, UAE.
Whether you are an experienced business owner or a first-timer who wants to take advantage of the benefits of doing business in the UAE, this guide will provide you with a detailed overview of how to set up a professional service company in Dubai, UAE.
Overview of a Professional License in Dubai
In Dubai, a professional license is issued by the Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) to individuals with a professional degree or experience in a specific field of profession.
Some of the business activities under a DET professional service license in Dubai, UAE, include the following:
- Business consultancy services
- Management consultancy services
- Beauty salons
- Carpentry and artisan services
- Technical services
- Architectural consultancy services
- Medical consultancy services
- Engineering consultancy services
- Marketing and advertising services
- Designing and development services
- Security services
Advantages of a Professional Service License in Dubai
The most advantageous aspect of getting a professional service-related license in Dubai is that you have 100% ownership of your company.
Some of the other benefits include:
- 100% repatriation of your capital and profits
- No personal income tax and a 0% corporate tax ( for annual net profits below 375,000Dhs)
- Remote business setup procedure
- Access to a wide market range
How to apply for a Professional Service License in Dubai
The first step before applying for a business license in Dubai is to create a clear plan outlining your business goals and objectives.
Taking the help of a professional business advisor in Dubai can significantly streamline the process and ensure that you meet all the requirements. Once you have a well-defined business plan, follow these steps to apply for a professional license in Dubai:
- Choose the Right License Type: Dubai offers various types of professional service licenses. Make sure to choose the most relevant license category in line with your business activities.
- Select a Unique Trade Name: Select a unique and meaningful trade name for your business and obtain a trade name reservation certificate from the Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) Dubai.
- Prepare and Submit Required Documents: Prepare and submit all required documents specified by the DET for company formation in Dubai.
- Get initial Approvals: Depending on your business activity, you may need special approval from specific government agencies, such as Dubai Health Authority (DHA), Road and Transport Authority (RTA), etc.
- Pay the license fee and get your License: Once all necessary approvals are obtained, you need to pay the required fee for the business license and any other extra charges. Once done, the DET will issue your professional business license, which legally authorizes you to run a business in Dubai, UAE.
- Apply for Visas and Open a Business Bank Account in UAE: You’ll need to apply for a residency visa for you, your dependents, and employees to live and work in Dubai, UAE. You will also need to get a business bank account in UAE for all business transactions.
Get expert guidance from CBS Business Setup Advisors in Dubai, UAE.
Getting the help of a professional business setup consultant in Dubai, UAE, to guide you through all the formalities and requirements for company formation in Dubai, UAE, may be necessary.
At Corporate Business Services (CBS), our team of expert business advisors in Dubai can assist you with all the paperwork and process for obtaining a professional license in Dubai. You can book a free consultation now to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
The actual cost of getting a professional service license in Dubai varies based on your business activity, the number of shareholders required, the number of visas needed, and other factors.
You can get in touch with us now for a free quote and consultation.