The most important aspect of starting a business in Dubai, UAE, is getting a business license from Dubai’s Department of Economy and Tourism (DET).
A business license in Dubai is the official document that legally permits you to operate your business within the borders of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Without a valid and correct business license stating your business activities in UAE, you could face heavy fines.
Dubai, UAE, offers several types of business licenses, and a general trading license in Dubai is one of the most sought-after by investors and businesses.
In this blog, we will highlight some important details about obtaining a general trading license in Dubai, UAE, to establish a business.
For seamless and professional company registration in Dubai, UAE, you can book a free consultation with our expert advisors.
Overview of a General Trading License in Dubai
Unlike a commercial business license that permits the trading of a specific range of products, a general trading license in Dubai permits you to import, trade, and export a variety of goods and the ability to sell almost everything, ranging from electronics to foodstuffs to clothing, etc., under a single business license in Dubai, UAE.
Given the strategic location of Dubai as a hub for doing business across three continents (Europe, Asia, and Africa), a general trading license provides you the ability to trade efficiently across these three continents.
Some of the other benefits include:
- A low value-added tax of 5% on goods.
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- A low corporate tax rate of 9%
- Access to advanced transport and logistic infrastructures.
- Flexibility to upscale or downscale your company to suit market demands.
Guide to Getting a General Trading License in Dubai
If you choose to set up a business in Dubai and want to apply for a general trading license, our expert business consultants in Dubai can guide you through the following steps.
- Choose a business legal structure that aligns with your goals.
- Select the best business type ( mainland, freezone, or offshore) for your business setup in Dubai.
- Compile the necessary documents required for registering your company.
- Obtain approvals from relevant authorities, including third-party approvals (if needed).
- Get your business license from the DET after submitting all documents and paying the license fee.
- Support you in getting an office space in Dubai, Visas for yourself and employees, opening a business bank account in UAE, registering for VAT and corporate tax in UAE, and others.
Why You Should Choose Our Business Setup Consultancy Services
Corporate Business Services (CBS) provides fast, efficient, and cost-effective company formation services in Dubai and the UAE. Our expert business advisors can help you navigate every stage of your business license application in Dubai.
Let us know how we can support your business goals in the UAE. Our team of expert business advisors in Dubai is ready to guide you with any questions or inquiries you may have.
Book a free consultation to get started.
Frequently Ask Questions
The cost of getting a business license in Dubai depends upon your business activity, choice of business structure, and type. Other aspects impacting your business setup cost in Dubai include:
Office space requirement
Number of visas required
Number of shareholders required
If you would like to start a business in Dubai with a general trading license, you will need to submit the following documents:
Passport copies of business owners (shareholders)
UAE visa copy or EID of business owners
Trade name reservation certificate from DET
Business plan stating your business goals and objectives
Additional approvals from third parties in needed