Established in 1988 and located across the Ajman port, a 40-minute drive from Dubai, the Ajman free zone is a prepared option for freelancers and light manufacturing and trading companies.
As with other free zones across the UAE, business setup in Ajman free zone offers investors 100% ownership of their company, a simplified setup process, and other advantages.
But what are the steps of setting up a business in Ajman freezone (AFZ)?
In this article, we will give you an insight into the types of business licenses offered by this Freezone and the step-by-step process of company formation in Ajman freezone.
Why Business Setup in Ajman Freezone?
Below are some of the reasons you should choose Ajman Freezone if you want to start a company in the UAE.
- The AFZ is conveniently accessible to the Ajman seaport as well as Dubai and Sharjah airports.
- Business setup in Ajman freezone is fully digitalized and can be done remotely.
- AFZ offer value-added services for all type of businesses, including banking, insurance, and medical.
- Ajman freezone offers 24/7 reliable and friendly customer support.
- AFZ offers a customizable business package and 100% foreign ownership of your business.
Types of companies you can setup in the Ajman Freezone:
Ajman freezone offers 3 main types of business structures.
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE): FZE company formation offers a single shareholder with 100% ownership of the company that can be incorporated in the Ajman Free Zone.
- Free Zone Company (FZC): FZC company formation offers multiple shareholders to form a company in Ajman freezone. These shareholders can be individuals (people) or non-individuals (companies).
- Branch of a local or foreign company: A company’s branch office is a parent company’s legal entity and is only allowed to conduct business under the name of its parent company.
Types of business licenses in Ajman freezone:
Ajman freezone offers the following types of business licenses:
- Commercial License: A commercial license in Ajman freezone permits your business to store, import, export, and distribute products across the UAE.
- Industrial / Manufacturing License: The industrial license in the Ajman free zone allows a company to manufacture within the free zone and import or export products abroad.
- Service License: A service license authorizes a business to conduct consultancy services across any sector to other companies within the freezone jurisdiction.
- Pioneer License: Pioneer license in Ajman freezone was created to encourage youth empowerment between the age of 20 to 30 years in an attempt to develop professional independence among young entrepreneurs.
- Freelance License: The freelancing license in Ajman freezone is the most cost-effective in the Emirates. Holders of this license are eligible for one residency visa and family sponsorship.
- E-commerce License: The e-commerce license is granted to specific businesses conducting online business activities across B2C and B2B sectors, such as the selling of products using online platforms.
- Offshore Business License: You can setup an offshore company in the Ajman freezone to carry out business activities out of the UAE.
Read More on Offshore company formation.
How to setup a company in Ajman Freezone:
Business setup in Ajman freezone is as easy as starting a business anywhere across the UAE. If you are ready to begin establishing your company in Ajman freezone or anywhere in the UAE, our expert business setup consultants in Corporate Business Services (CBS) are here to help you at every step of the process.
To set up a company in the Ajman freezone, follow these 3 simple steps.
- Choose a business type and activity: Select the structure of your company (FZE, FZC, or Brand office) and the license corresponding to your business activity. Our expert consultants at CBS can help you choose your suitable legal structure, license type, and facility.
- Please submit your application with the required documents: Fill out the application form from AFZ and submit it with all the necessary documents. Our experts will guide you from filling out the application form and document submission to the final submission.
- Pay the license fee and get your business License: On completion of all formalities, next is to pay the license and any other additional fee to get your business license, including a registration letter to Open a business bank account.
Read more on How To Open a Business Bank Account In UAE